AMPS 2012 will be the 3rd edition of an international workshop on applied measurements in power systems.
AMPS 2012 will be held at:
E.ON Energy Research Center
The workshop deals with all the aspects related to measurement applications in current power systems and in future Smart Grids and has the main goal of encouraging discussion on these topics among experts coming from academia, industry and utilities.
The continuous evolution of measurement applications in power grids requires the development of more performing measurement systems along with the definition of new procedures to ensure the quality of data. AMPS 2012 is expected to represent a qualified forum for providing contributions to the advancement of knowledge on these topics.
Main topics include, but are not limited to:
- Conventional and nonconventional current and voltage sensors
- Measurements systems and devices in Smart Grids
- Distributed measurement systems
- Phasor measurement units
- Measurements on electric power plants and machines
- ICT issues in power system measurements
- New generation of revenue metering
- Measurement systems for diagnostic in power networks
- Definition and measurement of Power Quality indices
- Development of coordinated proposals for new Standards
The expected contributions to be presented in the 3rd edition of the AMPS workshop should critically address these issues and develop opinions and innovative solutions to instrumentation and measurement challenges in power applications.